Friday 18 April 2008

tiding over

This is purely an exercise to fulfill my desire to make regular entries.
Today has been a day for visual art and learning about my lap top's limitations in the art department.
I have had two extra days off work after pulling a ligament at the back of my knee and having to hobble into work on Wednesday afternoon because there was no one to cover my shift. Fortunately, an extra member of staff came in so I concentrated on medication and administration, although I must admit not responding to the buzzer was very difficult.
There are times, and this has been one of them, when I am tempted to go into the office with "Mug" written across my forehead with marker pen, because I am sure no one else would be so crazy or so easily persuaded!
By Thursday morning the knee was so swollen and stiff I could only move with great pain and a walking stick. I had to admit defeat and ask to be covered for that day's shift. I am not the sort of person who can just sit and watch television so I have filled my time building up my stock of cards and experimenting with new designs when not feeling guilty about not fulfilling my duties.
My imagination outstrips both my ability and resources, damn it, and every imperfection is magnified in my eyes, contributing to my frustration. I never really believe in my ability and so give up before I've started.

No comments: