Sunday 20 April 2008

still getting a grip

I think that I shall have to make a point of researching more thoroughly the whys and wherefores of this blogging business.
I tend to go straight to new post and type away instead of looking at what others are doing - arrogance I suppose.
What I do know is that I am not making the most of this opportunity and it's basically due to lack of thought and planning as well as lack of self-discipline.
On another tack, my daughter goes back to work tomorrow after maternity leave and it's going to be hard for her.
Part of her is going to miss being there when her girls are rampaging around learning at a rate of knots, and yet she has a good brain and is extremely capable and needs to be out there doing. I would hate her to let all that talent atrophy, especially the writing ability, in a welter of domesticity, so I hope and am encouraging her to be as objective as possible and see that she is providing for her own and their future. They are also being left with a super dad who loves them to bits so will not lose out in terms of care and attention. She has nothing to worry about, in that respect, and the world needs strong women like her - with brain and skill tempered by care and compassion.

1 comment:

Fiona Hutchings said...

Thanks mum :) Means a lot x