Monday 11 August 2008

venting

So the man has finally appeared to put in the blessed extractor fan.
It's never a simple job with a man is it?
Just replace the old one for goodness sake, same place for goodness sake!
No, there has to be chin scratching, head wagging and a lot of pacing around and staring at the
roof outside. There has to be serious, almost presidential, mobile phone discussions about where
the external grill might be and where the moisture might go. After all if it just goes into the loft it will
make it wet!
I tentatively try to suggest that the other two homes have had theirs done and they were put in the same
space as the old one - no, this guy has to find the external opening or he can't do the job. Is he hoping against hope?
Right, I'll ring my neighbour - after all, this is the same company even if it's a different workman. Mr Neighbour confirms what I've already told Mr Workman. Infuriatingly enough he recites everything I say back to me. More pacing and discussions. This is a flipping extractor fan installation not a heart operation.

Thankfully, at last, and after a further grovel around the loft, he finds what he's looking for and work can commence.
I got up at the crack of dawn on my day off for this so it had better be worth it!!

No comments: